"'They're like a couple, aren't they?' Aden asks.
I ask where her brother goes to school and if she has any other siblings, and we stay off the topic of how very much like a couple Link and James are. A couple. Is that what they are? Is this what explains why I have spent so much time with them without ever knowing them?" (Freymann-weyr 33).
I chose this section of the book My Heartbeat by Garrett Freymann-weyr because it's the part of the book where everything starts coming together. To give a little background information, Link and Ellen or siblings and James is Link's best friend (at least that's what Ellen thinks). She'd always seen them together and fighting but she always thought it was a best friend thing, she'd never look at them as a couple. That is until a girl from school mentioned the thought. Ellen wasn't sure on whether to believe it or not. It would make complete sense to her if it was true, but she didn't wanna ask her brother because he was never the type of guy to open up and show emotion. Ellen is starting to question Link and James but she's not the only one, Link as well is questioning it. I don't want to give too much away, but I believe that this section of the book is a very important, almost an "ah ha" moment in the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment