After reading The Fault in our Stars, I was searching for another book like that because the book really got my attention. Then I came across the book The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. a book taking place during the Holocaust. I find the Holocaust as a very interesting time, it's very brutal and horrible but I find it Fascinating. I did some research on the book, and turns out that there is a movie. I watched the movie and it was amazing, the ending is sad but I don't want to give away any spoilers. This book is about an 8 year old German boy who makes friends with an 8 year old Jewish boy. Even though there friends, The little Jewish kid can't go out to play and the little German kid can't understand as to why he can't.
The author, John Boyne, Wrote this book in a matter of 2 and a half days with almost not sleep. With in 2 months of the book being released, it had sold over 5 million copies worldwide. Here in the U.S. the book was published as The Boy in the Striped Pajamas using the correct English spelling considering the author was from Ireland. I'm expecting this to be a good book. Has anyone read this book? If so, what's your opinion on it?
i think its a very interesting thing why you reada this book. i heard about this book once i would read it but i dont really like sad books like this, but i think its great that you found this book and you should tell me about it one day.
ReplyDelete